This post has been viewed 1598 times
11-30-08 Revernd Fran Lane-Lawrence. Does Anyone Really Know What Time It Is
Email to a Friend
Posted on Sun, Nov 30, 2008
1st Sunday Advent. 1 Cor. 1:3-9.Mark 13:24-37
1 Corinthians 1:3-9
27.And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens.
3. Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
4. I always thank God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus.
5. For in him you have been enriched in every way--in all your speaking and in all your knowledge--
6. because our testimony about Christ was confirmed in you.
7. Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed.
8. He will keep you strong to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.
Mark 13: 24-37
23. So be on your guard; I have told you everything ahead of time.
24. "But in those days, following that distress, " 'the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light;
25. the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'
26"At that time men will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory.
28. "Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near.
29. Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that it is near, right at the door.
30. I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 31. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
32. "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
33. Be on guard! Be alert ! You do not know when that time will come.
34. It's like a man going away: He leaves his house and puts his servants in charge, each with his assigned task, and tells the one at the door to keep watch.
35. Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back--whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn.
36. If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping.
37. What I say to you, I say to everyone: 'Watch!' "
No messages have been posted.
You must first create an account to post.