Posted on Thu, Nov 4, 2010
TEST YOUR THEOLOGICAL EDUCATION IQ
1. How many seminaries are related to The Presbyterian Church USA?
b. Ten plus two related by renewable covenant agreements
Can you name them all?
2. If one has a Bachelor's degree, how many additional years does it usually take to earn a Master of Divinity degree at a PC(USA) seminary?
a. One year
b. Three years
c. Seven years
3. What is the total enrollment of our PC(USA) seminaries?
a. Approximately 4,000
b. Approximately 2, 100
c. Approximately 900
4. What is the average indebtedness of seminary graduates who have borrowed money for their education?
a. Less than $5,000
b. Between $15,000 and $25,000
5. What do people study at our seminaries?
a. The Bible, theology, Greek and Hebrew, ethics, church history, Presbyterian polity.
b. Christian education, pastoral counseling, spiritual formation, worship, youth ministry, music.
c. All of the above
6. How do congregations provide financial support to prepare leaders for the Presbyterian church in the next millennium?
a. The United Way
b. Habitat for Humanity
c. Theological Education Fund (1% Plan)
1 = B
Seminaries related to the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.):
Austin Presbyterian Thelolgical Seminary, Austin, TX
Columbia Theological Seminary, Decatur, GA
University of Dubuque Theological Seminary, Dubuque, IA
Johnson C. Smith Theological Seminary, Atlanta, GA
Louisville Presbyterian Theological Seminary, Louisville, KY
McCormick Theological Seminary, Chicago, IL
Pittsburgh Theological Seminary, Pittsburgh, PA
Princeton Theological Seminary, Princeton, NJ
San Francisco Theological Seminary, San Anselmo, CA
Union Theological Seminary & Presbyterian School of Christian Education, Richmond, VA
By covenant agreement with the PC(USA)] - Auburn Theological Seminary, New York, NY and Evangelical Seminary of Puerto Rico, San Juan, PR
2 = It usually takes three years beyond a Bachelor's degree to earn a Master of Divinity degree at a PC(USA) seminary.
3 = Approximately 4,000 individuals are enrolled in PC(USA) seminaries.
4 = The average indebtedness of students graduating from PC(USA) seminaries, who have borrowed money for their education is between $15,000 - $25,000. Some students graduate owing more than $40,000.
5 = Our Presbyterian seminaries offer courses in all subjects listed and more!
6 = The Theological Education Fund (1% Plan) is the only denomination-wide source of financial support for our seminaries.
No messages have been posted.
You must first create an account to post.